Most Holy Trinity Parish

Tucson, Arizona

11/03/2006

struggle - it's about Love

I’ve been reflecting on struggle for some time now. In fact, I’ve recently been in struggle with writing this blog. What to say, is it good enough, what will people think?

As my week progressed, I faced lots of little struggles. Each one seemed to speak to me, at first subtly, but got more and more pointed as the week went on.

Early in the week, while writing a draft of this blog, I answered the rhetorical questions like this: ‘after careful consideration and reflection I realize it’s what I am called to do, to share myself with you’.

Then later in the week, I found myself driven to tell others ‘Are we not confident in the power of Love alone?’

But I still hadn’t fully gotten what was going on, what I was learning and having become more a part of me.

This morning I read today’s reading about Jesus asking “Who among you, if your son or ox falls into a cistern, would not immediately pull him out on the sabbath day?”

As I reflected, I thought, it’s not about the letter of the law but the spirit of the law, it’s about love.

When we enter into struggle, what do we do? How do we handle it? What does it teach us?

I think that if we enter our struggle in union with Jesus, we see that it’s about Love.

About “writing this blog”, it is so much more than simply that. It is me sharing myself with you, so that we can be in union with each other, one Church, in union with Him.

It’s about Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home